Where can I get information about COVID -19?
What is the plan for Solon Springs School?
- Solon Springs School is Closed - Alternative/Homebound Learning will be implemented March 19th.
- Solon Springs School is closed for the duration of our Public Health Emergency.
- All athletic and co-curricular practices, meetings, competitions, performances, field trips, weekend events and community use of district facilities are also cancelled for the duration of this Public Health Emergency
- Video Messages from Mrs. Muller
How does my child work from home?
- Students should check their school email every day! Many teachers have already emailed students.
- Use of Class Dojo, Google Classroom, Zoom, Google Meet, email, and phone calls will be used by school staff to communicate with students and parents.
- wideopenschools.org is a collection of free education resources for families and teachers.
What about internet access?
- Physical packets of classroom material are provided to students/families without an internet connection.
- The school has increased coverage of their wifi network to cover most of the eastern parking lot on Baldwin Ave.
- Internet access for those without is being researched at this time.
- Astrea Assistance Programs, including free internet access to those who qualify and are within their service area.
What about Food Service support?
- Solon Springs School will provide free Breakfast & Lunch for all students enrolled in school. If you have a need, breakfast & lunch can be delivered to you while school is suspended. The delivery will include lunch for the current day and breakfast for the following day. Meals are being delivered starting on March 19th to families who have indicated need.
- Please call 715-378-2263 ex. 254 and let Mrs. Latvala know your name and how many you need.
- We will get meals delivered on a weekly schedule between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
How do I contact teachers?
- While school is closed, teachers will be working remotely.
- Teachers are available each school day via phone, email, and internet. They are sending information with the work materials going home. Teachers want to stay connected with you and your child. Staff email list